Sunday, January 26, 2014

What I learn about SHARING. What I learn about KIDS. What I learn about LIFE.

Actually it has nothing to do with the title haha.


I’ve been attending a non profit organization for more than two years, it is called LPK Tepi Sawah. This organization is suppossed to provide a good place, good facilities, and good environment for children in a small village called Cikonjen, Bogor, Indonesia. It’s such a good opportunity for me to be a part of LPK Tepi Sawah. 

At first, this organization was made to improve the computer skill of those children. But as time goes by, we’re not only teach them computer but also  basic reading, english, math, and even drawing. I am one of the teachers. We are here as volunteers.
Sunday is our day. Every Sunday children come to LPK Tepi Sawah. These children live near LPK Tepi Sawah. They always brings their own stationery. They were always enthusiastic in attending the class. We have a computer lab for computer lesson. Other activities/lessons were held outdoor.



The kids love drawing the most. Yep, like kids normally do. But they never forget to study the main lesson first, like reading excercise, math, and english. They are vaious from pre school until junior high students. Even the little ones who can’t even hold a pen :”)


They are all cute. You know, although they live far from the ‘modern-stuff’, far from the city, they never complain. What they know is just having fun, study hard, and make friends. They have pure hearts. That’s why I love kids. Sometimes I feel like they’re my own children. Seeing their smiles is pretty refreshing. It’s like I don’t want to spend my Sunday in other places.

Since I’ve been here, I don’t know, it seems that I changed into a better person. It changed my way of thinking. Like I found something I had never seen before. Those children’s smiles brought me such a special feeling, took me into a peaceful space of my soul.
They have pure hearts, innocent faces, cute smiles, unstoppable curiosity, just like the way we are (when we were kids). But the difference is (probably) their childhood is not as same as ours. For example, some kids don’t have any chance to get any good facility like ours at home. That’s why we should have been so grateful of what we had in the past, as kids. But that doesn’t make them down, I can always see their bright smiles and I can see hopes in their eyes 

2 comments:

  1. "They have pure hearts, innocent faces, cute smiles, unstoppable curiosity, just like the way we are (when we were kids)". Sometimes, I want to go back in that time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, who doesn't? Haha. It's because as we grow up we'll face many problems in life that sometimes makes us tired. Oh life oh life............

      Delete