Wednesday, May 14, 2014

CHVRCHES


C H V R C H Ξ S

Chvrches (pronounced as "churches", sometimes stylised as CHVRCHES or CHVRCHΞS) are a Scottish electronic band, formed in 2011. The group consists of Lauren Mayberry (lead vocals, additional synthesisers, and samplers), Iain Cook(synthesizers, guitarbass, vocals), and Martin Doherty (synthesizers, samplers, vocals). Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chvrches

This band is one of my favorites. First time I heard them on BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. They covered "Do I Wanna Know" by Arctic Monkeys and "Team" by Lorde. The lead vocalist has such a unique voice, perfectly combined with amazing electro-sound music. They made me fall in love. Then I started to search their music on internet and WOW I love their songs. My favorites are Recover, Gun, and The Mother We Share.

The band released an EP titled "Recover EP" on 2013 and an album titled "The Bones of What You Believe"  on the same year. They have been known worldwide and already attended some big music festivals like SXSW and Coachella. They also had won some awards, the last was "Twenty Quid Music Prize" for best British pop single of the year: The Mother We Share from Popjustice.

You can check them out on their Youtube channel. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment